Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lies Hollywood Told Us

Even though here at The Bridget Jones Project, we fully believe in happy ever after and in the insane odds of Bridget and Mark, we are still cynics and thus, must lament.

I give you, Lies Hollywood Told Us

1. Bridget gets Mark just as she is. No.




2. Patrick Wilson adores geeky Becky in Morning Glory. Nope, have you seen him? I mean, Becky is played by Rachel McAdams, but, I still have my doubts. 

3. Marius and Cossette. Ok, ok, I can bend a little because I had a very Marius and Cosette relationship, but, um, it ended really, really horrible awful jump off a cliff into a vat of molten hot lava bad, so, um, Cameron Mack, do they really live happily ever after? I mean, once he gets over the guilt of all his friends dying and you know, Eponine sacrificing her life for his and all?


4. Jude Law being a successful single father to adorable little girls. The Holiday, you're one of my favorites, but!

5. The cute redheaded princess gets to chose between Patrick Dempsey and James Marsen. I'm looking at YOU, Enchanted. 


5b. Or, that said redhead is proposed to by adorable Irishman or any sort of adorable accented man. Leap Year kills me a little bit every single time.

6. That men even remotely resembling Tom Hardy exist via online dating sites. They don't, trust me. Dating really does mean war. 
7. Aurelia is proposed to on Christmas and the PM tracks down miss Natalie in the dodgy end--even if Love Actually is my all time favorite non musical movie ever ever, I am fairly certain it has given me a very false sense of reality. 



Yet, even with all my ranting, all the nonsense that Hollywood has thrown in my face, I do still believe. I believe in love--real love, in mad, passionate, will grow old and die together love. In silly, stupid, romantic love and happiness. I don't know when and I don't know where, but I know, somehow, someday, it will happen. 

Or, I'll adopt like 63 cats. I mean, either or. 

No comments:

Post a Comment