Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Where to begin today?

I have plenty to fill you in on, because I am the queen of when it rains it pours, making all the bad decisions, picking the wrong guys, etc, etc--if it's a cliche, solid chance it applies to me.

I think I'll tell you about Man Who Went Three (Four?) Weeks Without Asking Me On A Second Date.

We had a great first date, talked for hours, two separate restaurants-- the whole nine. Called me three days later, we chatted--good times. Lovely, lovely.

But after I hadn't heard in two weeks, I gave up hope. I mean, I wasn't madly in love with him, so, it wasn't too much of heartbreak, but, still, ya know, I'm freaking adorable, Y U NO CALL ME?!

Finally, three weeks later, he asked me out again. Via text. I hate technology. I was out of town, so, I told him I couldn't see him until the following week. We made plans, it was all nice.

He invited me to a Muse concert--oh my gosh--I was so excited! Here's where things got dicey. We agreed to meet up when I got off work at 5:15, have dinner and then go to the show. Sounds good, right?

So, I didn't hear from him until 6:50. The concert starts at 7. At this point I think I'm being stood up, which, let's be honest for me, wouldn't be a big shock.

When I do hear from him, he's just leaving his house, which is 30 minute away. Can we meet at Such and Such Restaurant? I hate Such and Such Restaurant, but, I figure "sure, we can grab some food". I leave for the place and when I am literally down the street, the text comes that he is running late and it will be another half an hour. It's after 8:30 at this point, and I'm beginning to get annoyed.

When he finally meets me at the place, he tells me we have to go--I have taken a few sips of my Diet Coke I ordered while waiting and am beyond starving at this point--I mean, I assumed I was going to get to eat food tonight. I'm wrong. His friends are in the car (drinking beers, I might add), so, you'll just follow us to the arena? I tell him I spent all my cash on valet, since I was told we were carpooling to the arena. He doesn't offer to take me to an ATM or find a place for me to park or anything. Le sigh.

Boy does not know downtown AT ALL, so, I spend another 30 minutes following he and his probably drunk friends and I'm growing more and more frustrated. I know my way around town, but, am trying to let him be the man here, even though it's been a miserable day waiting for him to call, waiting on him to be late and then, at 9:57PM, he finds one single parking spot, leaving me to drive around even more.

Eventually, knowing I had an 8AM flight to catch the following morning, I called him and said I was going home. He was piiiiiiiised. Which I understand, but, my hell, you say let's have dinner at 5:15 and don't show up until 9PM, no. No. I offered to pay him for the tickets, but explained that I spent the entire evening waiting around on him with very little communication, I had told him I was leaving on an early flight and I had actually hoped to see him. I told him I would like to see him again, when I got back in town.

That was two weeks ago. No word. Not that I am surprised at all, not that I really wanted to see him again anyway (I can't handle this immature, poor communication, drunk friends nonsense), but, at least maybe an acknowledgment of his poor behavior, or something--anything.

And yes, I should have known when we went three weeks without asking me out again, I should have known. Ughhh. This, this my friends is why I am two seconds away from totally giving up. Because really, is this what I am waiting for? If so, I am moving to Austria and becoming a nun. Maybe then I'll marry a captain with seven children. And we'll sing. Duh.

(My Daniel Cleaver to Mr. Darcy ratio is getting out of control. I need to meet a nice boy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment