Monday, April 22, 2013

The Wedding Date

The other day, I found myself baking cookies, drinking Diet Coke and watching Sex & The City--I really felt I was doing my girl Bridget Jones proud.

Sadly, those moments have happened more and more in the last few weeks, I am struggling--but, what else is new? My point exactly.

I am trying to push those thoughts out of my head, but, truth is, I've just been asked to be the maid of honor in my cousin's wedding this summer--my most beloved cousin, the woman I am named after--her wedding. You know, with family and fancy dresses and everyone seeing me there ALONE.

Mortifying. Very, very mortifying.

And of course, my parents have told me "you can just come with us!" which is true, I could, but, really? No sir. Then comes the whole part that it is a family wedding, so, I don't want to take just A Date, I'd rather take A Boyfriend Type Man Thing, but, how do I find one of those? And then I flash back to thoughts of introducing a certain ex to my family and how he would have fit in perfectly and loved my hilariously insane crew. So, there's that.

But seriously, how does a workaholic, nearly 30, world traveling, yoga teaching gal meet a respectable man? Because I've got no earthly idea.

Fill a sister in!


No comments:

Post a Comment